Blackfriars is an ideal venue for all your corporate needs thanks to its great facilities, fantastic food, professional service and enviable location in the heart of Newcastle. As well as the main restaurant, we have a meeting room, workshop and private dining room overlooking a beautiful garden.
Here's what we can offer
- Tutored Wine Tastings: lasting 1-2 hours, this a fun way of learning about wine. We can accommodate 6 to 12 guests in the Workshop; 12 to 50 guests in the Banquet Hall. Prices start from £30pp for a tasting of 6 wines though depends on the agreed wines to be tasted! Includes lunch/early weekday dinner and coffee.
- Tutored Beer Tasting: similar to the Wine Tasting above, this is a great way to sample a few exquisite brews! Prices start from £26pp for a tasting of 8 beers. Includes lunch/early weekday dinner and coffee.
- Bread-making Taster: lasting a total of 3 hours, this show just house easy it is to make really great bread! We can accommodate 6-12 guests in the Workshop with a short morning and afternoon session. Prices start from £40pp including lunch, wine and coffee.
- Canapé making: get creative making delicious bite-sized morcels! We can accommodate 6-12 guests in the Workshop, all dietary needs and everything you make, you eat! Prices start from £40pp including canapés, lunch, wine and coffee.
- Ready, steady, cook! A bag of mystery ingredients, all the modern equipment you'll need, chef guidance and 1-2 hours to create your own gastronomic feast! We can accommodate all dietary needs, 2 groups of 6 at same time or a larger group (max 12) followed by another. Prices from £40pp including lunch, wine and coffee.
- Historical treasure hunt: this is a light-hearted fun filler activity and is free for all dining participants.
Bespoke corporate events including a choice of the activity sessions above can be tailor-made for ~£15 per person per hour depending on number of delegates and activities with lunch/dinner on top at usual menu prices.
Large parties of 50 or so delegates can easily be accomodated by splitting into 4 groups rotating around the chosen activities and with lunch in the middle or dinner afterwards.